Friday, May 27, 2011

the hook up vs. relationship question

I always thought of myself as a relationship kind of girl. But then, starting from 2 years ago, I became the hook-up kind of girl. The anti-relationship girl who still loved it when others got into a relationship.

Ivies are known for having either an intense hook-up scene, VERY intense long-term relationship group, and those singles who can't seem to find a relationship.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I am curious: do hook-ups in college always entail sex? For those of you who don't believe this to be a problem, good for you. You're fortunate.

But, as for a girl who's already struggling between the boundaries of what can be considered sex (actually, no I'm pretty set on oral sex not counting), I don't think I can go through with hook-up sex in college. Is this going to be a huge problem?

As for getting into a relationship in college, I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that either. My mom, though from an entirely different generation, met my dad when she was a freshman in college. So to me, the prospect of meeting a guy and dating him and the possibility of that being forever...scares the hell out of me.

Up next: Speaking of scares the hell out of me...Graduation.

No comments: